【Tokyo】 FY2019 INTERNATIONAL FORUM ON ACCEPTANCE OF FOREIGN NATIONALS AND THEIR INTEGRATION INTO JAPAN: “Smooth acceptance of foreign nationals in local communities”
While the aging of the population continues with low birth rate and labor shortage becomes more serious in Japan, the number of foreign
nationals is increasing and reached the highest, about 2.7 million in 2018, which accounts for more than 2% of the total population of
Since the new status of residence “Specified Skilled Worker” was introduced in April 2019, the number of foreign nationals living
in Japan will further increase in the future.
The forum in this year will discuss under the theme of “Smooth acceptance of foreign nationals in local communities”.
The forum will give the audience an opportunity to be shared the views, good practices and challenges on the theme.
■Time and Date: October 31, Thursday, 13:00-16:00 (door open at 12:30)
■Venue: Akasaka Resident Center Hall
(Address: 3F Akasaka Community Plaza, 4-18-13 Akasaka, Tokyo)
■Program: ( English- Japanese simultaneous interpretation provided. )
■Registration dead line: Sunday, 27 October, 2019
To attend this forum, please register at the following webpage:
- Advanced registration is required for attending the forum.
- Those without advanced registration will not be admitted to the forum.
- The application will be closed when the capacity is reached.
- Personal data submitted to the secretariat will be properly administered
and used exclusively for the purpose of the management of the forum.
- The secretariat will not send emails, fax, etc. to confirm the receipt of registration.
- The registrants will be notified by the secretariat in case they are not able to attend the forum due to seating capacity.
★For general inquiries: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Business hour: 10:00-12:30, 13:30-18:00 (except on Sat, Sun & holidays)
Online inquiry form: http://japan.iom.int/information_form.php